Saturday, January 03, 2009
Karah's First Time-Out
The kids have been very good as far as sharing their Christmas toys. We have had a few little "bumps" in the road, but they usually consisted of Jayden taking Karah's toys and her just screaming bloody murder for it until Dan or I fixed the problem. The kids were happily playing with different toys when a small argument arose about Karah's new "Farmer Book". She'd been playing with it when Jayden started pushing the buttons and trying to take it from her. I stepped in and gave the book back to Karah and gave Jayden something else to play with. Karah walked away with the book, but apparently thought I didn't give Jayden enough discipline. She turned around, RAN as fast as she could screaming like a banshee, and layed everything she had into a slap across his face. I didn't think to grab my camera while she stayed put with her nose in the corner until it was over, but I'm pretty sure that my little girl will end up there again soon and I'll be ready. Dan and I tried to "pose" a picture, but she KNOWS what that corner means and just cried and cried with a look on her face that said "But you KNOW I didn't do anything wrong this time!" We picked her up and loved her, and let her know we knew she didn't do anything naughty, and that we were sorry for putting her in the corner unjustly. She is so sharp!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, my gosh. Another little Anne of Green Gables in the family. Hide the slates. ;o)
Post a Comment