A. I like fun.
B. I don't like anything that isn't fun.
C. Cleaning isn't fun.
D. My kids are fun.
So...add my kids to cleaning, and what does that make? Chaos. Yes, chaos. I hate using a mop and prefer to hand-scrub the floor. So, I decided to let the kids help me in order to insert some fun into cleaning. My kitchen turned into a toddler water-park. Karah was more interested in playing in the water bowl than scrubbing the floor, and Jayden discovered that if he braced himself up with his arms he could run in place where the floor was wet. The ENTIRE floor was soaked. I'm not talking just wet, but SOAKED. It was "splash in the puddles" soaked, and so were they. It was fun, but it got a little dangerous at the end when they wanted to play chase. We grabbed some towels and walked on them in order to dry the floor. It is clean now, but I'm thinking about cleaning it every night after the kids go to bed in order to avoid this situation again...if I try and do it while they are awake, there is no keeping them out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment