Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icky Sickies

Sunday night, I was beat. The kids were cranky, I was tired as all get out, and Dan and I decided the kids were going to bed early. 7:00 pm early. At 6:45, we had prayer and scriptures, then went down to read stories. Neither kid wanted stories, amazingly, they just wanted to be held and snuggled. They were asleep in RECORD time, BEFORE 7:00!! (Neither kid had a nap). I went upstairs and flopped myself on the couch because Dan wanted me to proof read some things. I lasted about 20 minutes before I, too, was dreaming. Apparently, Dan carried me downstairs because at midnight we woke up (downstairs) to choking/screaming sounds coming from the kids' room. Jay was heaving. He didn't throw up, but it was because he was fighting it so hard, he was shaking. I ran him into the bathroom where he still fought the urges to throw up, but still had the heaves and gagging going on. Dan gave him a blessing, and he calmed down enough to tell me his tummy hurt. Then he let out a HUGE toot. He still complained of a tummy ache and didn't want to go back to bed, so we went upstairs to snuggle on the couch and talk. We talked for a while, then he wanted to watch Tom and Jerry for a while. I figured he'd fall asleep during it, but no...we were up until 6. (which was when Karah got up for the day...) Dan took Karah and let Jay and I sleep. Jay woke up before I did and woke me up, but he still had a tummy ache. Both kids are sick with fevers, coughs, and congestion, but Jay's is different than Karah's. His cough is like a bark, and his tummy hurts to the point that he will only drink water or diluted juice. Karah eats what he doesn't... The poor little guy is so sick to the point that he came into the livingroom after lunch, curled up on the floor, and passed out. I hope whatever he has goes away soon...

2 comments:

Keeper of the Zoo said...

I hope he gets sick too. Sick babies are pretty much the saddest thing in the world.

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

Aren't we so blessed to have such wonderful husbands that live up to their priesthood, and are willing to serve their families? What wonderful testimony building experiences for little Jay-to know that when he needs help, Heavenly Father, and his father will always be there for him.