Thursday, January 15, 2009
The Wrath of My Children...
Oh boy. I thought I'd seen my kids mad before, but apparently not! I had two totally ticked off tots today! (Say that 5 times fast...lol) We have a cookie jar in our kitchen, and thanks to Daddy and Jayden's activity the other day, it is full. Well, I've been having some trouble keeping my kids away from the cookie jar. It is a glass jar and doesn't really fit in any of my cabinets, so we usually leave it out on the counter...but it usually doesn't have enticing cookies in it, either. The kids are usually pretty good about not climbing on the counters, but today they had something urging them to push the envelope a bit. Every time I turned around Jay was helping Karah onto the counter near the cookie jar. Sometimes I was too late and they already had half a cookie in their mouths. After about the 4th time, I gave up trying to get them to listen to me and I hid the cookie jar on the top shelf of our hall closet (Jay can unlock and climb all the way up the pantry...there are no shelves in the hall closet). From 3:00 pm until Dan got home (roughly 2 hours...) I had Karah following me around crying. "Iyana COOKIE!" and Jay screaming out, "I don't LIKE YOU!!" periodically. Oh my goodness! They have NEVER been so unruly/disobedient/rude/disrespectful to me! For the first half-hour after I hid the cookies Karah landed herself in time out a few times for hitting me (while screaming for a cookie) and Jayden ran around the house making messes everywhere he could! I sat them both down and told them I would throw away the cookies if they didn't start behaving, and if they were good for the rest of the day they could have a cookie after dinner. It worked, for the most part...sheesh...Cookie Monsters describes them to a T!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've giggled myself silly over these last few posts. Thank you SO much for blogging more often. You can't imagine what it does for my day. Don't we have the BESTEST 5 (almost 6) grandkids ever!??!?!
Post a Comment