I was in the restroom when I heard a chair being dragged across the kitchen floor. I called to Jay to stop and put it back. I didn't hear him put it back, but it wasn't being dragged anymore. While I was washing my hands, I heard a crash, and "Oh, crap!" and little feet pitter-pattering around. I ran downstairs to find this: Jay already in "Time-out", and Karah licking the sugar Jayden had climbed up to get and dropped off the floor. The fact that he'd put himself in time out before I'd even left the bathroom subdued my anger from the fact that he'd climbed up onto the counter, gotten into the cabinet, and tried to sneak pure sugar while I was unable to stop him from the bathroom. He didn't even try to come out early, either, and then offered to help me clean up after the timer I'd set when I came downstairs went off. I am constantly shocked by what this child comes up with, and also with his sporratic "self-discipline".
Monday, December 29, 2008
Exasparating, yet funny and cute.
I was in the restroom when I heard a chair being dragged across the kitchen floor. I called to Jay to stop and put it back. I didn't hear him put it back, but it wasn't being dragged anymore. While I was washing my hands, I heard a crash, and "Oh, crap!" and little feet pitter-pattering around. I ran downstairs to find this: Jay already in "Time-out", and Karah licking the sugar Jayden had climbed up to get and dropped off the floor. The fact that he'd put himself in time out before I'd even left the bathroom subdued my anger from the fact that he'd climbed up onto the counter, gotten into the cabinet, and tried to sneak pure sugar while I was unable to stop him from the bathroom. He didn't even try to come out early, either, and then offered to help me clean up after the timer I'd set when I came downstairs went off. I am constantly shocked by what this child comes up with, and also with his sporratic "self-discipline".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good thing he didn't grab that Formula 409 that's conveniently placed on the edge of the counter instead and proceed to spray himself in the eyes with it instead. lol.
Your kids crack me up. Peace.
I love reading your funny stories! They remind me of my own stories. I miss you guys! I wish You, Dan, Eric, and I could get together and go out again.
Post a Comment