Well, Karah has 5 teeth now, and we decided it was time to get her a toothbrush. Jayden decided he needed a new one too. Thanks to Grandma Kathi, Jayden is on a Wall-E kick, and Eva is his favorite character. He found a toothbrush with Eva on it and HAD to have it. When Karah saw the Eva toothbrush, she chucked the little baby toothbrush I'd given her and we proceeded to have WW3 over Jayden's toothbrush. Instinct kicked in, and I grabbed a Cinderella toothbrush that was similar to the Eva toothbrush, but it was pink and purple instead of black and yellow, and handed it to Karah. Peace was found until Jayden tried to LOOK at her toothbrush. Not take it, but LOOK at it. I'm sure that people in the Old Navy next to our Super Target heard the bloodcurdling screams that came from my little sweetheart. Jayden's face was priceless. Unfortunately, Karah's scream only warded his curiosity for a little while, and I was soon sprinting to the check out line. The nice thing that came from this is that both kids love their toothbrushes, and brushing their teeth.
Jayden has taken to being a puppy. Most of the time this is okay with me, but he sometimes tries to use being a puppy to get out of things like going potty in the toilet, going to bed, and eating his food. Dan and I were going crazy one night trying to get him to listen to us, when finally Dan said, "Jayden, if you don't get in your bed and stay there, the Dogcatcher is going to come and get you!!" Those words were like magic. Jay let out a huge sob, and ran downstairs and jumped into his bed. That trick worked for about 2 weeks, but it has started to die down now. We now have to put him in our room for bedtime because Karah has decided that bedtime is for wussies and she cries for about an hour until she falls asleep. This was a problem for a few days until Grandma Kathi suggested we play some music in the hallway for them. I turned on the Scripture Scouts CDs that we have, and now that has to be played for naps and bedtime, but the main thing is that it works.
Karah has been talking up a storm. She has added "yucky", "milk", "drink", and "down", along with other gibber-jabber that Jayden and I can translate. She is running all over the place now, not walking, and WILL NOT keep a freaking hair bow in her hair!! It drives me nuts. She has to be doing what Jayden is doing almost at all times, and heaven forbid you treat her like a "baby". She is very into jewelry and has monopolized the toy stroller at play group. She almost gave herself an aneurysm yesterday when another little girl tried to take it. I have been trying to get her to share, but it is like trying to teach a fish how to speak English. I have to hold her in my lap when it is someone else's turn with the stroller, and she lets the whole world know that she is not happy with me. I think I know what she'll be getting from Santa this year...
Jayden went to Benji's birthday party last week, and he talks about it all the time. I made the dumb mistake of mentioning that Jayden will have a birthday in January. He wakes up every morning asking me if it is time for his birthday party. Everything we see or do has birthday party potential. He wraps "presents" (toys in clothes), finds "birthday hats" (plastic bowls upside-down on his head), points out the party things every time we go to the store, and asks me if I'm going to bake his cake any time I go into the kitchen. I'm on day 12 of this...and I'm trying to figure out how to make this party (in January) live up to his expectations!!!
Well, there is a little peek at what has been going on for the last few weeks. I'm sorry I've been slacking!!
1 comment:
Ahhhh....I feel so much better. (I know you must, too, now that your days have been blogged.) Thanks for sharing with us all. Can't wait to see everybody again.
Post a Comment