
This picture is a victory for me! I have been very adamant about
Jayden not drinking carbonation. In my years of baby-sitting, working at a day care, and even being a nanny a few times, I had witnessed kids as young as 6 months having carbonated beverages in their
sippie cups and being fed all kinds of junk food. I vowed that my children would not get hooked on the bubbly beverages or sugar-filled treats . Juice and Gatorade get diluted like crazy at our house, and are a special drink for dinner only. We get dessert once or twice a week, and candy is limited to special occasions and rewards. Dan made fun of me for these rules until he saw this. This picture is
Jayden's FIRST time ever to taste any carbonated drink. It was his daddy's and Grandpa Rick's favorite drink, Root Beer. All of the other kids at
Rylee's party had Root Beer, and it was a special day. I decided it would be okay to let him have some and hope that it wouldn't create a soda-monster. This was the face he pulled after taking a sip. He spit it out and said, "
Ew, that's yucky! I want water!!"
YAY!!!! I couldn't believe it! It made me very happy to know that all the hard work and persecution (yes, I'm going to call it that...) I've gone through trying to teach my kids healthy eating habits is working. I'm going to list a few things that Jay eats now that I never ate as a child (excluding the one forced bite just to "taste and see if we liked it") Peas, broccoli, green beans (he LOVES them) , spinach, salad, tomatoes, cucumbers ( I still don't eat those), celery (again, one I avoid), and cauliflower. He does, however, hate "smashed flowers" (mashed cauliflower) and mashed potatoes.
**Karah's new word- "Bap"= "Bath" She came into the bathroom while I was occupied in there and started singing "Bap bap bap" while trying to get into the tub. I told her that we weren't going to have bathtime until it was almost time to go to bed. She gave me a very serious look and said in a low voice with her leg lifted as high as she could, "BAAAAAP" I finished what I was doing and took both of us out, and she started crying for the "bap".
2 comments:
Woo-hoo! I love your posts! Thank you, thank you!
Karlie, it's nice to have you among the living! I will never understand how anybody canNOT like mashed potatoes! Kati would be shocked! It sounds like Karah takes after me. I'm all about the "baps," too.
Post a Comment