Wednesday, July 09, 2008
YIKES!!!
I almost had to explain to my potty-training child why Mommy had an "accident" after what just happened in our house. Jay and I were watching a video on potty training, by the way, he went #2 and #1 in big boy potty in the middle of it. It ended, and it was nap time. I was taking Jay down to his room when we both heard a rustling noise. Now, I love animals, but there is a difference between an animal and a "creature". "Creatures" are creepy, icky, and possible disease carriers. They are not welcome in my house. (This coming from the kid who tried to smuggle all creatures big and small into Mom and Dad's house...Frogs, lizards, snakes, bugs, birds, cats, dogs...am I missing anything?) In this instance, the "creature" turned out to be a bird! Now, last year, we had this problem...a bird kept getting into our house somehow. That bird landed on Jayden's head and now he's TERRIFIED of them. So, naturally, when he sees this bird has invaded HIS room, he freaks. To tell the truth, this is where I almost had my "accident". I had no clue what to do... I didn't want to touch it, but I didn't want it flying around the rest of the house terrorizing my children (and me). It was caught in the blinds, and I was able to get it in a hand towel and set it free. I tried to get Jay to go back down for a nap, but he REFUSES to go downstairs or sleep in my bed by himself. It looks like Dan and I will be having some company until he forgets all about this bird-thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol. Wish I could've been there....poor kiddos. (To clarify, Grandpa and I both got a call telling us that Jay went 'both' in the big-boy potty. The video was paused for the event.
poor Jayden. We had a bird fly in our house once. Although Caleb was sooo excited he wanted to keep it! We had a hard time keeping him out of the flight path of the bird!
Post a Comment