Monday, July 07, 2008
Chatterbox Protoge
Yesterday at church, a lady came up to me and said, "Your little girl is so smart! I can't believe that she's already talking! She'll be speaking full sentences in no time! She was cracking me up in Sunday School. I could understand most of what she was telling me!" I had been teaching primary, so I didn't know exactly what Karah had been telling this sister. I knew she could say Mama, Daddy, and No, but I was now questioning my knowledge of my daughter's vocabulary. After church, I told Dan about what the sister said and he told me that the night before Karah had said something that sounded like cookie, but he brushed it off. We decided to investigate. Dan held up a cookie, and she got excited and screamed "Coo-coo!!!" I pointed to Jayden, and she said "Day-day!" (We call him Jay-Jay a lot.) He grabbed for the cookie, and she screamed, "NO!!! My!!" and grabbed the cookie. Dan and I were flabbergasted. Along with Mama, Daddy, and No, she also knows Jayden, Mine, and the necessary Cookie. We had never really paid attention to what she was babbling because, well...it was just babbling, right? We now stand corrected, and our ears are listening for what new word will be coming out of her mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment