Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Jayden's a lifesaver
Yesterday both kids were pretty clingy...and I was in the mood to clean, not have whiny, disobedient kids following me around the house. I finally lost it when Karah climbed up on the back of the couch (for the millionth time...) and started playing with the blinds. Instead of the usual "No, no, Karah, do not play with Mommy's blinds!" and time-out in my lap, I took her upstairs (by the way, she was pitching a ROYAL fit that I had disturbed her fun...) and plopped her in her crib. I'm pretty sure the people down the street could hear her fury... I went back downstairs to pick up the toys and clothes that Jayden flung all over the living room when all of a sudden, it got quiet. I peeked in, and this is what I found. Jayden is such a good big brother! Karah was sniffling still, and Jayden was sweetly explaining "time-out" to her... "No touch Mommy's blinds! It's naughty...Mommy put you in time-out...don't do it, okay? Time out not fun. Don't touch blinds, okay?" He then started to show her how to play with the Sesame Street toy. They played in there like that for about an hour! As much as these kids can frustrate me on a bad day, its moments like these that totally turn my mood around and make me appreciate motherhood.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You got bigger problems than your blinds! Jayden is quite the little monkey to climb over the crib rails. Watch out!
He's been able to do that for about a year now... :(
Post a Comment