Monday, March 31, 2008
Ouch....
I know, I've been MIA...the culprit? Wisdom teeth! I had the two on my right side taken out three years ago, and the two on my left had been giving me some grief for a few months. I'd decided that I'd finally had enough, and went to our friend, Dr. Hicks. He was surprised I waited to long when he looked at the x-rays and my mouth. What can I say? I would rather not deliberately put myself in a lot of pain. Had I known what I would go through after having them taken out, I might not have done it! Anyway, I went in thinking he was just going to check on it to make sure it wasn't infected. Next thing I know, I'm watching The Sound of Music on the ceiling (and humming along...its a good thing they didn't have Hello, Dolly!) to him giving me the numbing medicine. (I know what it is called, but would rather not think of the spelling at this time.) While I'm waiting for the medicine to completely numb the left side of my face, he cleans my teeth. How do you solve a problem like Maria? He takes out my bottom tooth, which had come in, with ease. My top tooth, however, I felt...so I got more numbing crud. It took him a while to dig that one out. After the procedure, to my horror, I remembered that I was still nursing, and could not take the good pain stuff!! I was not pleased, but they proscribed me some tylenol 3 and ibuprofen. Wa-hoo. While I was sitting there, feeling everything and waiting for the bleeding to stop, or at least slow down, I realized it had been over 5 hours...not good? I called Dr. Hicks and he told me to bite down on a tea bag, put ice on the cheek, and a few other things and to call him back if I was still bleeding. At 11:30 that night, I was back in the chair getting more shots of the numb stuff. I got some sutures, and strict instructions to lay on the couch eating bon bons, watching soaps, and drinking gatorade and water for the next few days. To be on my feet was not an option. So, the last few days I've been immobile until I stopped feeling shaky! I'm still feeling quite a bit of pain, so I'm going to call back to make sure I'm ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment