Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Tale of Two Thomas'

Last weekend, we watched General Conference. Well...we had it on the T.V. and Dan and I caught snippets here and there while the kids were running around and making noise. It was a neat experience to witness the sustaining of President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Christofferson. Anyway, afterwards, Dan and I decided that our FHE lesson on Monday night would be on Prophets. We explained to Jay what a prophet was, talked about Joseph Smith, and Gordon B. Hinkley, and how we now had a new prophet, Thomas S. Monson. His eyes lit up, and a huge smile crept on his face. Dan and I looked at each other with pride in our eyes. "CHOO-CHOO profee???" Jayden exclaimed. It dawned. He thought we were talking about Thomas the Train! He was ecstatic to learn that Thomas the Train was now the leader of our church! We pulled up a picture of the Prophet and explained to him that this man was Thomas S. Monson. He thought for a second, then said, "Profee not choo-choo....Tommy Mosee no train...profee." A sweet, sure testimony!

No comments: