Wednesday, May 16, 2007

To Infinity...and BEYOND!!


For those of you who have not heard, Jayden LOVES Buzz Lightyear. It all started on the ride. He was a little afraid at first, because he'd never been on a ride before, but before we knew it he was yelling "BUUUUH!!!!" when he saw that we were getting near Tomorrowland. He and I rode that ride over, and over, and OVER. It got to the point where Jay would sit there with his gun in both hands, screaming at the Evil Emperor Zurg and his alien slime, that is, until he found the joystick....then it became Buzz Lightyear meets Madhatter's Tea Party. His high score was 3000. By himself. No kidding. Mommy's high score was 984,600. Like I said...we rode that ride a LOT. We found out that Buzz would be meeting people in Tomorrowland on our last day there. We were so excited!! We got Jay ready in his fleece sweater that Uncle Matt and Aunt Krissa got him for Christmas...it has Buzz colors on it, and stood in line. Jay didn't know what was going on. I wanted to get a video of him walking up to Buzz, hypnotized, but he didn't notice Buzz standing there when I put him down!! He ran for the beginning of the ride line!! Buzz followed him a bit, Jay turned around, and then a lady ran in front of the camera, so I didn't get the priceless reaction. His jaw DROPPED, and he just stood there...dumbfounded. THE Buzz Lightyear of the Galactic Alliance was standing right in front of them. The rest of the time, he just stared at Buzz. No smiles, no laughs, no reaction at all. Just hypnotized. It was precious. After our turn, we went on the ride about 20 more times. The rest of the trip, we heard all about "Buuh."

No comments: