Saturday, February 10, 2007

Go Uncle Scott!!!



It has been very difficult not being able to actively take part in Scott's wrestling career, and even more so now that I know I probably won't be there next year. I was having a particularly hard time this morning, and it didn't help that I was just sitting there dwelling on it. Jayden helped me see things the way I ought to see them... Lately, he's been learning how to color with crayons and markers (washable...I'm not stupid....). I was sitting there, wishing that I could be there in Texas, cheering Scott on, with Jay in a cute little warrior mascott outfit like Scotty back in the day. I then started thinking of the late nights I could have spent with Mom working on some sort of insane, but necessary, project that HAD to be done before weigh-ins in the morning, and how we would have writer's cramp and how I would end up massaging her shoulder and arm at least once during the next day. Jay came in, and gave me this look like, "Mom, you can do something. We have internet. DUH!" So, out came the markers and paper. Dan made a headress, and Jay and I worked on our signs...We have videos on the process, also, in which Jayden is MUCH happier than he appears in these picures. Long story short, we miss you Uncle Scotty, but we still support you TONS and TONS!!! GOOD LUCK AND DO GREAT!!! LOVE YA LOTS!!!

3 comments:

gmakatz said...

karlie thank you so much for this. it means alot and im sorry that we're so far apart. it would make things alot more exciting if you guys were here :) i love you all.

gmakatz said...

(Uncle Scott doesn't have his own login yet, so he posted the last comment under mine. I just noticed that he hadn't signed it and it would probably look as if I had. This was PRICELESS!!!!!! Thank you SO much for doing it. It was the perfect thing to wake up to and get us raring to go for today! Love ya lots and can't wait to see you!) Mom :o)

Kari said...

This had to be the cutest thing ever. What a great idea, Karlie Jan. Just the sort of creative thing I can see you doing. By the way, don't you Reinbold (and Richardsons) EVER sleep? Honestly, I think you may have to frame this pic. It's is perfect!